Thursday, August 11, 2016

Portland - Day 1

Ron and I flew to Portland, Oregon
to visit the Warr family who have been there this summer.
Lorie and the boys picked us up
and whisked us off to
PITTOCK MANSION
built for an individual in 1909 but is now open to the public.


There was a nice hiking trail right off from the parking lot
and we had to explore!
King is 5

 Clive is 2

Then we went to the ROSE GARDEN


After eating dinner at MOD PIZZA we went to 
SALT AND STRAW.
It's ice cream and it was yummy!
However, the line was very long
and those 2 little boys were tired.
Well, maybe we were a little tired too after a 5 hour flight!
(and the parking was absolutely horrible)
so I grabbed some pints to-go.
This is organic homemade ice cream - no wonder the line was long!!!

Great first day in Portland!
Ron and I had never been here before.
It's beautiful and the weather was fantastic this time of year
(end of June)!

No comments: