The Portland area is loaded with Waterfalls,
especially in The Gorge.
The one with the most attention is
MULTNOMAH FALLS.
We got there fairly early in the morning so we could get a parking spot.
Oregon is not good about making sure there are plenty of parking spots
and that's an understatement.
Everywhere we went was the same story. They don't care.
They prefer you just ride a bike or something. Ha!
It's any easy hike up to that bridge.
The boys loved exploring
That bridge is not safe for children!!!
On the hike up, these fences were holding back falling rock. Lovely.
Once there was a 400 ton rock that fell into the upper part of the
falls and landed in the water.
It was about the size of a school bus full of cement.
There was a wedding party on the bridge at the time and they were totally soaked
but no one was hurt!
Then we went to
HORSETAIL FALLS
which was much less crowded
and the boys loved it as you can see...
Clive's signature smile!
Grandpa loved it too!
What boys don't love to throw rocks?
This one is always taking off his shoes!
King was quite good at walking on all these rocks!
Just threw a good one!
We were checking out another waterfall
when I received some very important information!
My father had passed away.
I was immediately sober and I was standing right here.
I sat down on this bench and talked with my sister, Shaleen -
I was in shock.
Ron and Lorie and the boys could tell something was up and they left me alone
to finish my conversation and to sit here and contemplate.
There was a whole host of emotions going on for the rest of the trip and beyond.
I'm grateful for the knowledge that I will see my father again
and I know he will be resurrected without physical flaws
- no more crutches and wheel chairs.
I thank the Lord Jesus Christ for that!
We drove to VISTA POINT after that
and it was incredible!
Here's the view...
Others took many more pictures but I was busy thinking about my dad
and I started calling each of my children one by one
to say that Grandpa had passed.
My dad would have loved this view but he would have ridden there on his bike.
Then we went to Portland and rode the SURREY BIKE...
We rode around in that thing for an hour
and busted a gut going up some hills and over some bridges,
but it was really fun!

















No comments:
Post a Comment