Friday, February 26, 2016

Ashlyn's Sewing Machine and Piano Recital!

With her parents permission, we gave Ashlyn a small sewing machine for Christmas.
Ashlyn is 9 years old and I had already given her a sewing lesson a few years ago 
when she made some bean bags.  
She was very excited!
Of course when Karon (the mama) agreed to this, 
she asked that I give her sewing lessons.
Ashlyn asked for the very same thing instantly and asked that I come back the very next day for her first lesson on her new machine.
Of course I did!
Keep in mind that this is a very inexpensive machine 
and can only do straight stitch and zig-zag 
and it only goes 1 speed - slow. 
It is so small and lightweight it can sit on her desk and easily be put away.

She made pillow cases!  Three!
 The first one in the forefront was from material I brought with me.
She picked out the material for the other 2.
She likes owls and her new American  Girl doll was from France
 (or likes France or has a French name or something like that)
so she chose the Eiffel tower fabric.

Once she made her first pillow case she carried her pillow everywhere with her.
Now she has 3 to choose from!
Wonder which one is on her pillow at the moment.

And my sweet granddaughter had her first piano recital
WHILE I WAS IN TOWN!
She did GREAT!

No comments: