Ron has been busy during the month of March
putting in our new kitchen floor!
I did not want hardwood - it's too easy to mess up with water.
I did not want tile - it's too cold and too hard and when you drop things, they break.
We had good quality vinyl before but it was dated after 22 years and it's "whiteness"
was hard to keep clean. Ask my children -
the dreaded Saturday chore was always cleaning the kitchen floor!
So our carpet guy introduced us to Luxury Vinyl that comes in 1' x 2' rectangles. It's super durable and actually cushy - soft to stand on. I love it!!!!!
Here's the process...
We just laid it out to see how we liked it.
We were a little nervous at first.
Ron started in this section, cutting all the angles and around the vents.
It was so nice to get to a big section that didn't need a bunch of cutting.
This part went fast.
Because he was able to lay it right on top of our existing vinyl,
it didn't inconvenience me much in the kitchen!
Some of these cuts were really tricky.
He cut under the door jams with some special tool so they fit snug and perfect!
He even did under all the appliances, including the stove and dish washer.
For some he made a template first.
My old flooring had different vinyl in the back hall and in the laundry room.
Now it's all seamless and the same!
Here is that same spot from a different angle, all cut.
The back hall went pretty fast too!
See how seamless it goes into the laundry room!
Good bye old laundry room floor!
THE FINISHED LOOK!!!!
The pantry!
View from the family room
The kitchen nook!
The granite and the flooring goes well together!
I love, love, love what he did with the shoe-molding.
He made it hardwood by the wood and white by the rest.
The old stuff was all white.
It's a little cluttered but we had just cleaned up after the piano recitals!
That was Ron's goal - be done in time for the piano recitals.
View from kitchen to dining room.
The back hall completed!
Sh, don't tell Miss Jessica that she is getting that
twin pack n' play you see in the background.
Her twin baby boy shower is here on Tuesday and we're ready!
Things I love about this floor...
It was not too expensive!
It's very high quality!
It looks like marble and blends our cabinets and counters together,
It has a little texture to it so it's not slippery at all.
It is actually soft to walk on - now my back won't hurt so much
when I have to stand for long hours in the kitchen!
THANK YOU to my handy man husband, RON!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing mom. Looks great.
I noticed your floor last time I came. It looks great!
Post a Comment