Many years ago when I was 9, 10 and 11 years old,
I went to a music class once at week at the home of Joyce Smith.
At the time we lived in San Pedro, California.
She had many, many students and we sang such fun songs!
I loved it!
My brother, Kevin, and I were chosen to be in her special group.
We had extra practices and lots of performances.
We even made a record entitled "The Songsmiths Sing"
I was the mistress of ceremonies and introduced the group at each performance.
Pictured here is Sue Maughan Smith who was also in the group.
We met up in November at her son's home in Marietta, GA.
I brought along a copy of the record and we're each
pointing to our picture on the cover.
It was delightful to talk with Sue and her husband after all these years!
She lives in Washington state and I'm in GA but the stars aligned and here we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment