Here's a few pics for the family to appreciate.
We have been working on the basement, making a nice place for mom.
First of all we have to clean out the basement - oh my!
All the books that used to fill these shelves are now dispersed
throughout the upstairs rooms.
These shelves will hold mom's fabric and such by
the end of the year. That big box is in the way,
but under the center shelves is a nice spot for her
sewing machine - and it has good lighting - which she loves!
My children are asking "what is this?"
Dad is building a soffet around the basement and
that silver thing will hold the new heating/air unit.
Here is the outside unit.
And to the right is the black hose for the
unit, along with more soffets.
Dad has a lot more to do.
Oh, a few months ago dad and I cleared out all the weeds
from the 3 garden spots and then put wood chips on top.
Not a weed has peeped through - miraculous.
Hey kiddos - remember pulling all those weeds!
We're trying a new way of gardening this year.
We'll let you know how it goes.
While dad was building the shed (to move stuff out of the basement)
he was trying to beat the oncoming storm - so he worked
into the night - with the help of Mike Wallace and Tom Owen
(and of course Mike's powerful lights).
Then dad put a pathway of wood chips across
the dying grass (always turns to moss).
It leads directly to has workshop -
notice the pic below...
This used to be 2 windows. Ron turned one window
into a door. Now he can enter his workshop
from outside (he used to have to go through the basement
to get to the workshop and now that mom is going to
live there - he doesn't want to disturb her)
Those wood chips lead right to the shed.
I've been learning to make Roman Shades
Here are the first ones - in the dining room.
I made a table runner to match.
This is what it looks like when raised.
There is so much to do... more pics will follow
as we progress.
2 comments:
Wow! You guys have been busy! It looks great!
Man, where to start? I LOVE your Roman shades, Mom! Those look fantastic! Can you teach me?
Also, the fact that Dad built a door into the house shows what a lucky lady you are! I don't think there's anything he can't do!
I love all the changes though I know it's SO much work! Wish we could be there to help (and learn). :)
Post a Comment