The weather - well it was very hot. I guess if you concentrated on that, one could be miserable. However, most of the girls never complained and they considered (as do I) the week a highlight in their lives. We had inspirational speakers at the firesides, solid testimony meeting, a little rain with lightening and thunder which cooled things off, certification, archery, lake time, 40 foot double lane slip and slide, and may I just add - great leaders on all levels! I didn't take many pics with my camera but here are a few...
Gabi K, Laurie K, Nicole d, Sonja P
YCL's making their lanterns
Ashley N and Logan C
Making the main sign
Kaitlyn V, Shannon D, Haley H, MeKenna P, Rachel W
decorating the main pavilion
Rielley J and Erin T
22 YCL's were getting everything ready for the other 78 girls.
That's right, 100 girls!
The YCL's got to try the ropes course the day before everyone else came.
They were also trained on the course and were great helpers!
That was Ron's position for days!
Once the girls got up to the top, there were many ways to go (the tires were the hardest), always ending in the 300 foot zip line!
I did not do the tires (Ron did) but I did do
a few areas like what is pictured below.
The zip line was my personal favorite.
I think this is Krista D
Another part of the ropes course was the 30 foot pamper pole
(to the left of the tower).
A person climbs up, balances on top of the little platform and then jumps.
Ron and I both did this.
The hardest part is getting on top of the platform.
The 40 foot tower was for rapelling which we both did as well.
I had never done it before - piece of cake!
Each cabin had 10 bunk beds and each group of cabins
(about 5) had a mini pavilion
There are 24 cabins and 5 mini pavilions.
The food was fabulous. Patti and Pricilla fed 135 of us very well!!!
NOW, here are some pics I took off the website...
21 of the 22 YCL's as we got to camp!
YCL's on the ropes course
This part of the ropes course was fun!
Zip line!!!! This is Andrea P
Get to know you games
Slip and slide
Happy girls!
Archery!
Of course we did skits!
At the lake!
And... the silly singing! It's tradition!
What a great week!











4 comments:
That camp looks amazing! Thanks for all you did for our girls!!!
The girls in our ward had such a fantastic time! You blessed many lives! Thanks for all of your hard work!!!! I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it!!!! And, lots of camp songs too! :)
Looks like fun! Dad said the ropes course was great!
This makes me miss Powder springs girls camp SOOOO MUCH! :D
Post a Comment