Saturday, April 30, 2011

The EverReady Car - 300,000 Miles and Still Going

We bought our Toyota Avalon in August 1996
so we've had it almost 15 years.
And looky what it just did...

That's right.  April 29, 2011, it reached 300,000 miles
and we've put them all on ourselves!
What a great car it's been!

And it just keeps going!!!!

Ron and I went on our date last night and brought the camera along because we knew it was going to click over to 300,000 miles!  I'm so glad I was in town to witness it (since I've been out of town for the birth of King). 
So we were in Hiram at the time, just getting ready to eat at Quizzno's -
then we hiked the Silver Comet Trail for a few miles.

You may ask about the history of this car. 
Ron was rear ended once (very low impact) -
other than than it has never been in an accident.
There has never been any engine or transmission problems.
We've done oil changes, tire rotations, timing belt (twice?),
shocks, fuel pump and a few minor things.
He has driven it for his bishoping (July 1996 - Feb 2001), and all his work in the stake presidency from Sept 2002 to present
(our stake has very large stake boundaries).
Of course it's been used for all his business as well.
It's a blessed car and VERY DEPENDABLE!

Here's hoping it lasts a while longer...

2 comments:

Lorie Ann said...

I'm so glad you went out and had a party for this occasion. That's a fantastic way to view a very old car! :) You and Dad have always treated your possessions with care and it pays off!

Kristy Anderson said...

I remember very well when that was a new car! How great that it has been so reliable!