Ron and I were almost to the airport when we got a phone call from an unknown number. It was Michael (borrowing someone's cell phone) who was already at baggage claim. What? His plane wasn't supposed to even land yet. The morning he left Hungary, he was given a slightly different itinerary and he arrived 30 minutes early. Anyway, 2 minutes later Ron let me off at baggage claim (instead of parking) and I embraced my son. I love his smile and his hugs!
Chat, chat, chat all the way home. And the first thing he did when he got home was this...

He was able to play the piano quite a bit in Hungary but there's nothing like playing on the one you're used to, adding all the "bells and whistles", pulling out your favorite music, and then plugging in the earphones when you need to practice something repetitively.

The next morning, President Owen met with him.

Janalee and the Wallace's came over.

So did Grandpa Buttle.

Michael was fascinated with "whipping" while in Hungary and he learned how to do it. They use whips (for the noise, not the sting) for their cattle and such. It sounds like a gun being fired - it's amazing!

Mandy and Rebecca with Michael on Sunday (sorry, I didn't get a picture of everyone there). We all enjoyed his uplifting testimony and his musical number. He sat down with no music of course and played his own version of "I Need Thee Every Hour" - it was so beautiful and the Spirit was SO strong!
We enjoyed him for exactly one week and then he flew off to another greeting party in Utah. Juston drove down from Idaho and picked him up at the airport, took him to his apartment and helped him move in. All the sibs together again! Wonderful!
He has already started another semester at BYU. Wow!
Can you tell he's gained about 20 pounds - he's VERY happy about that!

5 comments:
We are sooo happy that we were able to spend time with our "Cute Elder"....We sure love you Michael!!
KEEP SMILING!
This was so wonderfully exciting! I only wish he could have stuck around longer. :)
Michael looks great, I wish I could have seen him while he was home. I will have to wait for Christmas. I'm glad you had a wonderful reunion
He made that version up? I'm not surprised, he's so gifted on the piano. It was beautiful and good to see him!
How exciting that he is home! And already in school, wow.
Post a Comment