Well, I am NO history buff and certainly not a civil war buff but there are many civil war sites around here... and yesterday Ron and I went to visit one of them in Fort Oglethorpe, GA (very north, close to Chattanooga, Tennessee). It is the nation's 1st national military park.

This is the Wilder Brigade Monument standing 85 feet tall and when you climb to the top, you can see the battlefield (except that I forgot to post that pic - it's a huge green meadow now).

The only thing inside is a flight of stairs, and Ron of course!

One angle from atop the monument.

I wish I could say I understand the Civil War but it seems like a huge loss of life to me (tens of thousands died just in this battle). By this time in history most of my ancestors were safely in the west, after enduring their own hardships.
4 comments:
Where are the pics of you?!
You guys still go do fun stuff when we aren't home?
It was a bad hair day for me so I took the pics.
Yes, we still do fun stuff and you're welcome to join us!
Love and miss you!
You guys are so funny I love reading your comments! I love that your family is so adventurous! What a neat place!
Post a Comment