Juston did his Eagle Scout Project in April of 2007. He was recognized as an Eagle Scout by the Boy Scouts of America in July 2008. Twenty months later he is honored. Go figure!
Well, 20 months ago when we discussed an Eagle Court of Honor, he wanted to do it in Utah between Lorie's wedding (August 30, 2008) and Michael leaving on his mission (Sept 10, 2008). I didn't get it done. He resisted every attempt after that. Even when Danny deLeon finished his Eagle, we tried to talk him into having it with Danny - nope!
So, why did he finally give in? The local Scout leaders asked him if they could honor him during a regular Court of Honor, along with Danny. We have 12 boys in our troop who are Life scouts and the leaders are hoping this will help encourage them to move toward their Eagle. We'll see if that works!
Kelly Mendenhall giving Juston his award.
.jpg)
Danny is honored too...
.jpg)
Danny and Juston
.jpg)
Yummy cake and Julia joins us!
Well, 20 months ago when we discussed an Eagle Court of Honor, he wanted to do it in Utah between Lorie's wedding (August 30, 2008) and Michael leaving on his mission (Sept 10, 2008). I didn't get it done. He resisted every attempt after that. Even when Danny deLeon finished his Eagle, we tried to talk him into having it with Danny - nope!
So, why did he finally give in? The local Scout leaders asked him if they could honor him during a regular Court of Honor, along with Danny. We have 12 boys in our troop who are Life scouts and the leaders are hoping this will help encourage them to move toward their Eagle. We'll see if that works!
Kelly Mendenhall giving Juston his award.
.jpg)
Danny is honored too...
.jpg)
Danny and Juston
.jpg)
Yummy cake and Julia joins us!
.jpg)
This poster is a time line of Juston's progress through Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. The first picture is of Juston on the day of his first den meeting at age 8 - so cute!!!!!!! The last set of pictures along the bottom show his eagle project (pavilion in the back woods of the church), a pic of him on his 6 day Philmont Trek (2007), and the badge he earned at National Youth Leadership Training (2008)!
(20 months ago)
We know you wanted all your siblings there.
Thanks for being such a good sport!
.jpg)
4 comments:
Man! I wish I was there! I LOVE that poster of pics. SO CUTE!! Congrats buddy!
I am glad he finally was honored for all of his hard work. I love the poster. You did a great job on it. Congratulations to Juston and his parents!
Congratulations Juston! I'm glad that you could finally be honored. I loved looking at the poster of pictures of you through your scouting days. I was comparing the earlier pictures to those of my little bear scouts. I'm sure loving working with them!
Way to go Juston!!! That is quite and accomplishment you should be proud!
Post a Comment