Monday, March 23, 2009

Cheney Elder Happenings













It's true, in Hungary his name tag says "Cheney Elder" - that's the way they say it there!

Michael has been in Tatabanya since he arrived in Hungary in late November. He's had 2 companions and both have been great! Tatabanya means "the tata mine" and he's been 800 meters below the ground to a water mine in the city. A lot of people there have had family that worked in the mine.

The branch now has 4 members. Last Sunday they had 17 investigators at church. He doesn't give us many details about who he's teaching - he says there are too many to single them out (but really, he's just not a detail person). We'll ask him lots of questions on Mother's Day.

He gave a 35 minute talk in church on Sunday without a translator which made him pretty happy. The language is very challenging but he does not complain.
He is happy, happy, happy. We used to call him "MR. SUNSHINE" when he was a toddler and that just sums him up!

4 comments:

Buttle Family said...

He looks so happy. He is such a great missionary.

Keep Smiling with the Wallace's said...

I love the pictures..He is Mr. Sunshine...and I am sure the Hungarian people love that light!!
We sure love him!!
KEEP SMILING!

Kelly said...

It was so good to see pictures of Michael. He looks great, and happy as usual. So glad he is doing well, but I am not surprised.

Anonymous said...

So true. But I prefer calling him Krutchy...