You may think that this is a totally boring post, but alas, I am quite happy with this team project and wanted to share it. We've had this 60 inch oak kitchen table for 15 years and during the past several years I have kept it covered with a homemade vinyl tablecloth (2 to be exact)to protect it from getting any more damage. There are a lot of memories around this table and we've grown quite attached to it. I've been looking for placemats but nothing really works for a round table so I came up with this idea and Ron helped me make the pattern. I have made 6 so far but 8 will actually fit around the table.

This picture shows the stippling on the back. I really enjoy doing this.

Here's what it looks like with 6 placemats.
12 comments:
I love them. You are so smart to come up with that. They look perfect.
I think they look beautiful and very unique! You know, I was just thinking about that table yesterday. You don't see round tables for sale very often and that sure was a nice way to eat!
Great teamwork!!!
They look lovely...
Many many memories around that table...
KEEP SMILING!
I really like it! I think that's a fantastic idea, way to go Aunt Karie!
Those are great. I've never seen that idea. It's genius! Great job.
oh my goodness what a gorgeous idea!! i love the shape of the placemats-unique and very smart!
Looks great mom! :)
ps. I don't know if I could get use to using anything but a round table for my family meals. I'm quite attached to the idea.
Those look fabulous!!! That is BRILLIANT!
I found your blog through the Dabney's blog and thought I'd stop in and say hello. What a wonderful family you and Ron have. Please tell him we said hello.
Beeeeautiful placemats!
Been a long time since I dropped by to see your blog. . .and I really like your placemat idea! Definitely NOT boring! :-)
Post a Comment