I was enjoying Becky's "husband tag" comments so much until I got to the last 2 words of her blog - "Aunt Karie!" I let out a yelp and Ron asked what was up. I told him I'd been tagged and he thought that was great. Than I told him what the subject was - HIM. That was funny! Here goes...
What is his name? Ron Cheney
How long have we been married? 27 years
How long did we date? Well, about 15 days and then during our 5 months of engagement! Ha! We had both dated a lot (especially him) and we knew it was "a match" very quickly.
How old is he? 53 - as of a few days ago!
Who said I love you first? Can’t remember
Who is taller? He is by far
Who sings better? I’ve had more experience so I would say me. Ron has a nice voice but he’s not as experienced. I sang in choirs all during my youth and have played the piano for every ward choir in every ward we’ve been in! Consequently all our children have volunteered to sing in the choir! Rarely did they complain about having to go early to church or stay late so we could practice. Ron could hardly every go to choir because he always had other responsibilities.
Who is smarter? We both have our specialties but the older we get the more we realize we don’t know.
Who's temper is worse? We both have our moments but we’ve become quite temperate.
Who pays the bills? I do. He totally trusts me and I don’t take advantage of that.
Who does the laundry? Me
Who cooks dinner? Me…been cooking for 27 years. We eat breakfast and dinner as a family and on the occasion that we miss, it feels really odd! My opinion is that this one small act (2 x’s a day for 365 days a year for 27 years – minus a few) has been a major unifying experience for our entire family!
Who drives when we are together? Ron loves to do the driving unless he needs to make phone calls or read…or we’re on a long trip.
Who is more stubborn? I don’t think either one of us is stubborn.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Probably me, but he comes around pretty quick.
Whose parents do you see more? Mine, since his are both in heaven.
Who has more friends? We both have a lot.
Who wears the pants in the family? He does. However smart man that he is, he asks my opinion and totally respects my suggestions.
Who eats more sweets? Definitely me – he has fantastic self-control!
Who mows the lawn? Ron. I’ve mowed it once at his request and politely told him I never wanted to do that again.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.
Who asked who out first? He asked me out after his sister set us up. Thanks Colleen!
Who kissed whom first? He kissed me.
What is my favorite thing about him? He’s humble, honest, non-judgmental, funny, spiritual, has great self-mastery, has righteous desires, takes time for his family and others, and he adores me!
I think I'm supposed to tag someone now. All you "youngins" will be tagged by your peers so I tag LAURA. Love you!
1 comment:
That was fun! Thanks for doing that mom.
Post a Comment