Sunday, February 17, 2008

February Happenings

In the month of Febraury our wonderful son-in-law Brad turned 26! Then our sweet daughter Lorie Ann turned 21!

Valentine's Day came and went - no big deal. It has always been anti-climatic in our family because our anniversary is the week before - 27 years just in case you were wondering. However, we did splurge and go to the new "Barbeque Street" restaurant in Cartersville on Valentine's night - it was so crowded. (a word to the non-Georgians - BBQ Street is a wonderful restaurant owned by my sister and brother-in-law and they just opened their 2nd one)It had opened on Monday and Malcolm said it has been crowded every single day. Wow - we were so impressed! I should have taken the camera and I meant to, but alas I was thinking more of my hungry stomach than anything else. We would go more often but it was quite a drive.

Juston decided to run the 400 and 800 on the track and field team so he has been staying after school each day for practice. I know he wants to stay in shape but I suspect he's also bored around here with no siblings to hang out with. You are all SOOOOO missed!

We have enjoyed playing the card game that Michael got us for Christmas - BANG! it's for 4 to 7 players but we've been playing it with 3. This shrinking feeling is lousy! I want my family back! Now in reality I want my children doing exactly what they are doing - being independent just like we raised them to be. BUT I MISS THEM!!!

Well, here is a picture of the lovely roses that have graced our home lately. Enjoy! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend. Juston was just thrilled when I made the dentist appointment on a school holiday tomorrow - ha!

2 comments:

Bryon Cheney said...

That is a bummer for juston:) The flower looks beautiful mom. Was that really in our house? Thanks for wanting us to be independent. I miss you all as well. I can't wait to see you for spring break:)

Bryon Cheney said...

That is a bummer for juston:) The flower looks beautiful mom. Was that really in our house? Thanks for wanting us to be independent. I miss you all as well. I can't wait to see you for spring break:)