While the house was being resided, new counter tops were going in.
Funny thing...
You plan and save for months, even years and
whoosh - a whole bunch gets accomplished all at once.
Ron had a lot of prep work to do.
Not only did he tear out the old sink and counters
but he prepared an ingenious way to support the granite on the bar.
We really didn't want our knees running into support brackets underneath.
The granite guys had never seen anything like it
but they thought it would work. It did!
Old counter tops are gone!
Here comes the granite.
You can see the new siding and waste trailer beside them!
I was very concerned at the buzy-ness of this pattern!
It took me a long, long time to get used to it!
I still can't see some food when it's on the counter
and I like a very clean kitchen!
See, no brackets to bang your legs on - genius!
The white tile back-splash we already had was fine in the kitchen working area
so Ron added a little granite just below it!
Desk area
Cupboard area
May I just say that when we bought this house 22 years ago, this was to be a blank wall!
Thankfully our builder added these cabinets for us!
They hold so much stuff!
Under the bar area with Ron's invention!
Just took this picture and the kitchen currently has 16 huge
gingerbread men cooling off.
Not done yet - 3 batches was not enough.
Those will be decorated during the holidays!
Thank you to Alice Stroud for this idea and for the pattern to do it!
She gave me the recipe years ago and it's edible and delicious!
It will be much easier than gingerbread houses this year!
I love these under the counter lights.
Anybody can do this - they stick on and they are battery operated!
If your lights go out, it's like having a handy flashlight!
They tap on and off - easy peezy lemon squeezy!
Next project - replacing the kitchen floor and lighting!
2 comments:
Good thinking dad.
Wow! I love it! And the under cabinet lighting too!
Post a Comment