The Silver Comet Trail
is unique to Georgia
and we live about 10 miles from several of the entrances.
It was built on old abandoned railroads and is 61 miles long.
Once it reaches Alabama it goes another 33 miles.
I can't fill up my minivan with my children (boo-hoo)
so we put down the seats and fill it up with bikes!
Rons' and my bike are 28 years old.
We bought them the first year of our marriage
back in Sunnyvale, California.
Isn't this a nice trail?
There are mile markers all along the way
and the terrain is slightly up and down.
You do have to cross some roads but there are also several bridges.
The parts I've been on have been very shaded - ah!
The boys have done long bike rides on this trail
for scout merit badges - Ron too as a leader.
But just recently Ron and I have taken a few bike rides
and this morning Juston joined us.
4 comments:
That is amazing that your bikes are still holding up! Randy and I have talked about getting bikes for a long time. Sounds like a fun day!
I love you CHeneys! You're soo cool! I miss the Silver Comet! I have a lot of good memories of walks I took on that trail.
we wish we could have been there!
Lol. Juston. He looks THRILLED to be there. :) And what is that sweet bike in the foreground of the pic?
Post a Comment