Sunday, August 17, 2008

Count Down

We are SOOOOOO anxious to have Mason and Lorie here! They will be arriving Thursday night. Yeah! We've had a funny ha-ha experience with the wedding dress that we can laugh about, now. When it arrived it didn't quite fit so Lorie quickly took it to a bridal shop to be altered. Once it was all pinned perfectly, the Asian lady told her it would be $487. Well that didn't go over too well with me. When we chose not to have it altered there, the Asian lady told us it would be $150 for her time. What is it with these California prices? I talked with her at length on the telephone (we're talking 40 minutes here) - I was very nice - she was very determined. The wedding dress was held hostage for a few days!!!! As it turned out Mason and Lorie went in to pick up the dress and let's just say the lady lost her cool. We didn't mind paying her for her time - $50 was generous in my eyes ... so that's how it ended. Except, that's not the end. She's bringing it to GA to get altered by a wonderful seamstress. That will busy up our day on Friday. Good thing she's not wearing her wedding dress here. We don't like leaving things to the last minute but after that experience, I'm making an exception.

So the countdown is on ... 5 days until the pre-wedding open house and 13 days until the wedding! Yeah for young couples who fall in love and get married in the temple and love the Lord.

Oh, and Juston started school last week and it's so weird having him drive off to seminary (as opposed to walking down the stairs and me teaching it). We eat breakfast, see Juston off and then go on a walk.


This is about as good as the front yard is going to get. The pink and white flowers came back from last year (that's why they are NOT uniform) which is unusual since they are anuals. I probably pulled 100 seedlings until I thought...oh, just let them grow and then I don't have to plant any others.


The garden is a bit over-grown but we're enjoying the tomatoes.


And here is grandpa Buttle in the rehab center. Now he is at Aunt Janalee's house. It's nice to have him just 2 miles away. I've gone over a few times and watched the olympics with him. Go USA!

4 comments:

Cami Sullivan said...

I think your yard looks gorgeous! I'm excited for the Open House!

Kristy Anderson said...

Your yard is so pretty! We can't wait to see you all at the open house! Good luck with everything!

Karon said...

I think the front yard looks great! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

~Orchideh~ said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that story about Lorie's Dress!!! Ahh I'm so glad things have worked out! And I can't believe your yard!! It looks gorgeous!!! Oh my!! Sis. Cheney I am really excited to see you this coming weekend for the wedding!! You are such a light and reading your blog is soo fun!!!