Ron's new saw!
And he's very happy about that!
More projects require more tools!
Deck repaired and painted. New handrails.
Deck stairs painted.
Flowers planted
These next 4 photos are a continuation from the last post.
Remember Ron jacking up the porch?
After he did that, the step didn't match the porch anymore
and redoing the stone step (and part of the walkway)
took him DAYS, not hours.
Those jeans were eventually made into shorts
Notice the fan - it was soooooooo hot!
He had to literally take this all apart and pour concrete and raise it up
and then put it all back together, piece by piece!
He's trying to control the water flow so he raised the middle section so the rain would
go to the sides and into the rock bed.
Whew!
He only tore apart and redid the step and the first 4ish feet.
The rest he just resanded.
Ah, the fireplace.
The children have heard me complain about it for years!
We have lived in this house for almost 20 years and I have never liked the brick we originally chose for the fireplace. And it was very sloppily put together.
I can remember the builder saying he couldn't wait for the brick mason any longer
and he just did it himself.
I took this picture in the middle of cleaning it.
Now it doesn't stand out any more, just blends in!
I painted most of it while he was re-grouting the bathroom floor!
Carpet still needs to be retacked.
The sentimental trunk
When I was much younger (before marriage) I wanted a hope chest.
Instead I got my nana's old trunk and repainted it this color
and covered it in contact paper.
The wood is very cheap - it's really just sentimental.
Now it's redone to go in the guest bedroom and hold linens.
When Lorie was here in January she repainted this mat
which used to be pink.
And she brightened up the frame
And then I broke the big piece and had to buy a new one!
We had this picture in our dining room for years
but put it in storage when we redid the dining room.
Now it's in the guest bedroom.
Calm and peaceful!
That's how we want our guests to feel.
(sorry for the flash)
Thanks Lorie Ann!
Lorie also painted these walls when she was here in January.
She covered her palm tree walls. I'm glad she did it. I couldn't bring myself to cover it.
Then Ron put up the molding.
Got new bedding, then I made the bed skirt.
It's hodge podge furniture - our old bed, Juston and Michael's bookshelves,
my old trunk
but it's all a part of us!
In the other corner is the rocking chair I got when Juston was born.
Still looking for just the right thing to put over the bed.
Ron re-grouted the tile in the bathroom...
...and cleaned the gutters.
Plus he's done a zillion other little things
that there are no pictures of.
Love my fix it man!
HE DESERVED THAT NEW SAW!
3 comments:
I am amazed at all your projects! The house looks great! Perfect for guests and a wedding reception! :)
wow that is so nice to have a handy man!
Holy projects! I can't believe I'm just now seeing this post! The deck and new stonework look amazing!! I love you redid the hope chest.That's a really pretty color.
Dad definitely deserves something, like a year or two off. :)
Post a Comment